Senior Product Manager
Technology Department, Product, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Pathao’s mission is help people and things move efficiently by leveraging technology. We are developing tangible solutions to battle the country's biggest infrastructural problems. Be it a ride, a pizza or a parcel - we’re leveraging technology to bring them to our customers, when they want it.
For our riders, Pathao is a flexible way to earn the money they need, on their own time. Today, across Bangladesh, through our platform, thousands of riders earn their income.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers, who can act as the bridge between the technical and business worlds as they design services that our customers love. You'll work with teams from Engineering, Operations, Marketing to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Pathao speed.
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements./li>
- Be able to synthesize business needs, and prioritize/triage feature requests and requirements, to deliver things that have would have the highest impact to organization goals and strategies while balancing technical debt.
- Be able to set, monitor and work on north-star and supporting metrics for a product which aligns with organizational goals and strategies.
- Be data-driven and able to tell what the data says and what it means, and use that to inform product direction.
- Engage with engineers and designers to craft inspiring and highly useful products and best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Write relevant product requirement documents, other product documentation to ensure a shared understanding within and across teams.
- Ensure good reporting and communication vertically and laterally across teams.
- Mentor junior PMs to become the next leader.
- Extremely detail oriented, happily sacrificing quantity for quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Unquenchable appetite to grow and learn; always sharing with others
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering equivalent or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience using agile to deliver products and protect developer time
- Experience using data to remove ambiguity and elevate confidence in decision making
- Demonstrated passion for Pathao’s mission and hybrid technology / operations nature
- Experience of working with a ride-sharing/food delivery/on-demand startup